Kuna Foodservice - Dupo, IL
After outgrowing their St. Louis facility, Kuna Foodservice needed a facility planning partner to assist with design of their new food service distribution center in Dupo, IL.
Food Tech was selected to help with the project because of their advanced material handling design and cold storage construction expertise. Food Tech performed facility planning services and business location studies, in order to effectively and efficiently incorporate the new plant into Kuna’s existing distribution network.
The new 91,000-square-foot facility features a 100 percent refrigerated dock which adds operational flexibility for the plant’s inbound and outbound staging and checking. Additionally, productive and ergonomic inventory management systems provide order selectors with access to all of the facility’s stock keeping units (SKU) on the ground level to help increase service levels.
The completed state-of-the-art multi-temperature facility includes the following:
- Material handling design, facility planning, and business location studies
- Cold storage construction
- 100 percent refrigerated dock with 16 doors
- Freezer, cooler, and dry storage areas
- United States Department of Agriculture compliant design engineering
- Inventory management systems
- USDA meat processing area for custom protein portioning
Kuna Foodservice has been providing the American Midwest with high-quality food products since 1918. Today, Kuna is one of the region’s leading food service distributors and remains a family owned and operated company.